Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 23 September 2019 (version 3.1)
We'll try to keep everything in this document as straightforward as possible, but if there's anything you don't understand, please get in touch with us by:
- Contacting us via your Trezeo App;
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- By calling us on 020 3051 4517
- You can write to us at International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, City of London, London, EC1A 2BN.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: These are the terms and conditions of the agreement between us, Trezeo Limited ("Trezeo", "we", "us", "our") and you, the person entering into the agreement in relation to the services provided at www.trezeo.com and via Trezeo's mobile app ("the Service")
These Terms should be read together with the Trezeo Account Terms as defined below, and along with our Privacy Notice form our legally binding agreement with you in relation to the Service ("the Agreement"). The Agreement sets out all the conditions on which we will provide our Service to you ("you" or "your"). To become a customer ("Customer") you must accept these Terms as part of the registration process. This Agreement is provided to you and concluded in English and should be read carefully.
Summary of our available services
Under our relationship with you, Trezeo may provide you with some or all of the following services:
- Trezeo account service: An e-Wallet payment account where your funds will be held and which can be accessed via the Trezeo App
- Income smoothing service: A mandated automated payment and income advances being paid into your linked current account via the Trezeo App
- Top-up service: Top-up of your mandated automated payment or income advance which gets paid into your linked current account
- Saving service: Save a proportion of your income automatically as it is received into your Trezeo account.
- Personal Accident Insurance: Provide members with cover for death, permenant injury or temporary disablement resulting from an accident.
Trezeo account service
- We will introduce you to and help you access an e-Wallet payment account (the "Trezeo Account") operated by our trusted partner PayrNet Limited ("PayrNet") (the "Account Provider").
- PayrNet are authorised and regulated to provide payment services including holding payment accounts under the Payment Services Regulations 2017.
- Your rights and obligations arising in relation to the Trezeo Account will be governed by the PayrNet terms (Trezeo Account Terms) that we will present to you on their behalf and that you agree to when you open your Trezeo Account.
- We act as Technical Service Provider for PayrNet, enabling you to access and use your Trezeo Account. The Terms of our relationship with you for this service are set out below.
Trezeo Account Service Terms
- We select the Account Provider to provide the Trezeo Account to you and we may change this provider from time to time. You agree that:
- we may terminate the appointment of the current provider of the Trezeo Account as our partner and require them to terminate their relationship with you in accordance with the relevant notice period; and
- with a view to ensuring the continuity of the Trezeo Account, we may either introduce you to an alternative provider of the Trezeo Account or provide the Trezeo Account ourselves where we have the necessary regulatory licences to do so. Where we introduce you to an alternative provider, you consent to us making use of your data, including providing it to the selected third party, as necessary to introduce the new service and facilitate the smooth transfer of your Trezeo Account and enable the alternative provider to contact you for this purpose which you agree to.
- Your Trezeo Account is currently provided by PayrNet. PayrNet is a company registered in England (company number 09883437) whose registered office is at Kemp House, 152 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX. PayrNet is an authorised electronic money institution and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (firm registration number 900594).
- In opening your Trezeo Account with the Account Provider you will need to agree to Trezeo Account Terms between the Account Provider and you (the "Trezeo Account Terms").
- The Account Provider in accordance with and as set out in the Trezeo Account Terms, is the person responsible for:
- issuing a payment account to you;
- operating your Trezeo Account and
- executing your payment transactions to place, transmit or withdraw funds in respect of your Trezeo Account.
- On behalf of PayrNet and as their technical service provider, we:
- receive your instructions to the Account Provider to initiate payment orders for the placing, transmission or withdrawing of funds from your Trezeo Account;
- enable access to your Trezeo Account through the Trezeo App; and
- address requests, questions, notifications of security concerns and complaints you may have about your Trezeo Account.
- PayrNet and not Trezeo is responsible to you for the operation of your Trezeo Account and any payment transactions executed through it. You should make any claim for loss arising from the operation of the Trezeo Account or the execution of payment transactions under the terms of the Trezeo Account with PayrNet and we do not accept liability to you for these functions.
- We accept a duty of care to you to:
- select an appropriately regulated Account Provider; and
- monitor that the selected Account Provider continues to maintain appropriate payment services licence, provided in each case we will only be liable to you to the extent that your loss is directly attributable a breach of our duties under this clause.
- You may raise complaints regarding your Trezeo Account with us which will be handled in accordance with complaints procedures agreed between us and the Account Provider and settled in accordance with the Trezeo Account Terms.
The Income smoothing service
- Through the Trezeo App we will provide you with access to:
- manage your Trezeo account, including your income and savings balances;
- receive income from your customers / income sources and manage the amount of income attributed to your income and savings balances;
- establish a mandate to make a regular payment into your current account. This mandate shall not exceed the average income paid into your Trezeo Account attributable to your income balance;
- make payments from your savings balance to your current account or transfer funds to your income balance.
- make income advance payments from your income balance to your current account to meet additional expenses.
- various financial planning and management tools designed to help you manage and monitor your income, outgoings and savings; and
- any other services or tools that we may present you with from time to time.
- We make no representations or warranties that the Income Smoothing Service is fit for any particular purpose or that it will achieve any particular outcome.
- We can access financial information and associated data arising under or relating to your use of the Trezeo Account for any purpose relating to our provision of the Income Smoothing Service and / or the Trezeo Account Service.
- We will set your mandate based on the average income that we, in our reasonable discretion, calculate from your financial information gathered from your current account and/or your Trezeo account.
- We reserve the right to adjust or suspend your mandate if we, in our reasonable discretion, detect a change to your average income.
- The Income smoothing service is provided by Trezeo.
- On signing up for a Trezeo account you might be eligible for a Top-up limit which can be used as part of the income smoothing service to:
- Top-up your income account to enable your mandate where you have insufficient funds in your income balance to meet the your mandate
- Top-up your income account to enable you to receive income advance that you request through the Trezeo App where you have insufficient funds in your income balance to meet the Income advance
- The top-ups are provided by way of a separate credit agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ("the Credit Agreement") that you will enter into with Trezeo should you wish to make use of this service.
- Any sums borrowed as part of the Top-up service must be repaid in accordance with the terms of the Credit Agreement. Failure to do so may result in enforcement action being taken by Trezeo (including reports to credit reference agencies and legal proceedings). This may make it more difficult for you to obtain credit in the future.
- Your right to make use of the Top-up service is subject to Trezeo's credit checks and a qualifying period as defined within the Credit Agreement.
You will be able to select a proportion of your income to be reflected in your savings balance. These savings will:
- Be available for you to drawdown to your linked current account.
- Can be transferred to your income balance to either:
- repay your limit
- support your automated payment
- not earn any interest
Personal Accident Insurance Service
- On signing up for a Trezeo account you might be eligible for personal accident insurance.
- We select the Insurance provider to provide the Group policy to you and we may change this provider from time to time. The policy is currently underwritten by Chubb European Group SE (CHUBB)
- Trezeo is the Group policyholder for the insurance and will be responsible for paying the premiums on behalf of its members as long as the qualifying criteria is met by the members.
- We will provide you with an Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) which will have a summary of the cover provided under to you under the group policy.
- Any questions, disputes or complaints in regards the insurance should be directed to Kingsbridge Insurance Brokers.
- You agree that Trezeo can share your personal information with the Insurance provider in order to include you in the Group Policy and in the event of a claim, you agree to allow Trezeo to provide the insurance Provider with details of your current and historic earnings and any other information that may assist them in assessing your claim more efficiently.
The App is only available to customers who:
- are 18 years' of age or over and resident in the UK; and
- have their wn UK current account that is supported by our AISP through which they access funds;
- pass necessary qualifying "Know Your Customer" (KYC) checks to verify both your identity and your address before an account is created in your name. and
- pass our fraud checks by authenticating your current account with our selected AISP - Account Information Service Provider;
A customer meeting all the conditions set out above is an "eligible customer".
By accepting these Terms you confirm that you are an eligible customer. You must notify us immediately if this is no longer the case.
Account Information Service Provider (AISP)
We use a tool provided by TrueLayer Limited (www.truelayer.com) ("TrueLayer") that allows you to send information from your current account to us and other service providers.
- We use account information service providers, currently TrueLayer to enable us to provide our services by securely accessing your current account data.
- In order to use our services, you will be asked to agree to TrueLayer's Terms of Service. These Terms of Service set out the terms on which you agree to TrueLayer accessing information on your payment accounts for the purposes of transmitting that information to us.
- TrueLayer is authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2017 to provide account information services and payment initiation services (Firm Reference Number: 793171).
Unless waived or reduced by us, a subscription fee of £3 per week will be payable once Trezeo sets your automatic payment mandate. The membership fee can be increased by giving you at least 30 days notice before implementation. You will at that stage be able to close your account if you do not wish to retain the services.
If we decrease the fee, or give you a fee free period, we are not obliged to notify you of this change before implementing it on your account.
Access to the Trezeo App
Not all devices you choose to access the Trezeo App will support the Trezeo App and so you must make sure that you use an appropriate device to access and use it.
- It is your responsibility to ensure any device you choose to access the Trezeo App meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access the Trezeo App and that it is compatible with the Trezeo App. You are liable for any fees and costs that you incur in using your device in connection with the App, including for network usage and the fees of your relevant service provider.
- We cannot guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted or error-free operability of the Trezeo App. There may be times when certain features, parts or content of the Trezeo App become unavailable (whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis) or are modified, suspended or withdrawn by us, in our sole discretion, without notice to you. Without limitation it is possible that any of these events could occur due to a lack of availability or operability for whatever reason of the Trezeo Account for which we have no responsibility or liability. You agree that any responsibility that we or the Account Provider have in respect of the operation of the Trezeo Account will be governed by the Trezeo Account Terms. You further agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the Trezeo App, or any features, parts or content of the Trezeo App.
Trezeo App security
- We require you to use personalised security details to access and use the App, such as a username, password, passcodes and PINs. You must take all reasonable steps to keep these security details secure.
- The Trezeo Account Terms set out specific provisions regarding your responsibility for security details relating to your use of the Trezeo Account. You must notify us as soon as possible by using our contact details published in the Trezeo App and on the Trezeo website if you suspect that any of the following has occurred (each being a "Security Breach"):
- someone else knows or has access to your personalised security details;
- your other personalised security details are lost or stolen; or
- a device on which personalised security details are embedded, retained or pre-configured is lost, stolen, misappropriated or used without your authorisation.
- If you fail to notify us or the Account Provider of a Security Breach without undue delay, you may be liable for part of or all losses incurred in respect of an unauthorised payment transaction via your Trezeo Account arising from the Security Breach. Please refer to the Trezeo Account Terms for full details.
You agree that we may store on our database:
- information you give us including personal details provided through the registration process or through other communications between you and us and data arising during your use of the Trezeo App and your Trezeo Account ("Personal Information"); and
- information consisting of Profile Data (being data from which you cannot be identified personally including information provided to us by you, information obtained through surveys, questionnaires, profile sheets, preferences, and other communications with you, and data arising from your online conduct and use of the Trezeo App and may include personal details on you where your identity cannot be revealed from the data and the data cannot be linked to you).
- The provisions of this clause 8 are subject to the more detailed provisions of our , which is provided to you along with these terms. You consent to us using your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to meet our obligations, where applicable, to check and confirm your identity and record identifying information about you or to consult with other sources to obtain information about you, to assist in the fight against money laundering activities, fraud and the funding of terrorism; and
- to provide you with the Trezeo Account and Income Smoothing Service.
- You further consent to us providing anonymised and aggregated Profile Data to other relevant parties.
- We may provide information about you and your use of our Trezeo App to law enforcement or government agencies in response to a verified request to comply with any legal process or as required by law or to prevent and detect fraud or to protect and defend our rights and those of our other customers.
- We are committed to protecting you and any data (anonymous or otherwise) that we collect about you online. By using our Trezeo App (through any device) you agree that we may place cookies on your device(s) in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Privacy Notice, which can be accessed on our website.
- We reserve the right to make changes to our Privacy Notice. Any such changes shall appear here and become effective immediately. Your continued use of the Trezeo App is taken as meaning that you agree to any such changes.
Changes to the App and App terms
- These Terms may be amended by us from time to time by giving at least one months' notice of any material changes by sending you an email to your registered email address containing a link to the revised Terms and the proposed date of entry into force. We will take your continued use of the Trezeo App after this point to constitute acceptance of the revised Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms you should not continue to use the Trezeo App after this point.
- If you do not wish to accept the changes to the Terms, you must notify us of this before the proposed date of entry into force. You have the right to terminate this contract immediately and without charge before this date.
Term and Termination
You may terminate your contract with us at any time by giving us one month's notification in writing to email@example.com as long as no balance is outstanding under the top-up service.
We might terminate our relationship with you If you:
- cease to become an eligible customer as defined in the credit agreement;
- engage in any fraudulent activity in respect of the services provided or your Trezeo Account; or
- breach any of the provisions of the Trezeo Terms or Trezeo Account terms.
We also may:
- suspend or terminate the Income Smoothing Service on five calendar days' notice in writing to your registered email address; and
- procure that the Account Provider suspends or terminates, as applicable, the Trezeo Account Terms in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Trezeo Account Terms.
If we do not exercise our termination or suspension rights as defined above, this should not be deemed to be a waiver by us to exercise our rights under that clause at a later date.
Should your contract be terminated, it is your responsibility to provide all parties who pay funds to your Trezeo Account with new instructions regarding the transfer of funds.
Notwithstanding the other provisions defined above, we may terminate our contract with you by giving you one months' notice in writing to your registered email address.
What you are not allowed to do
Except to the extent expressly set out elsewhere in these Terms, you are not allowed to:
- republish, redistribute or re-transmit the Trezeo App;
- copy or store the Trezeo App other than for your use in accordance with the rest of the Trezeo Terms and as may occur incidentally in the normal course of use of your browser or mobile device;
- store the Trezeo App on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create a database by systematically downloading and storing any data that is not personal to you from the Trezeo App;
- remove or change any content of the Trezeo App or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the Trezeo App or any servers on which it is hosted;
- create links to the Trezeo App from any other website, without our prior written consent; or
- therwise do anything that it is not expressly permitted by the Trezeo Terms.
You must only use the Trezeo App for lawful purposes (complying with all applicable laws and regulations), in a responsible manner, and not in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our affiliates.
All rights granted to you under the Trezeo Terms will terminate immediately in the event that you are in breach of any of them.
Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in the Trezeo App (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trademarks and logos) are owned by us or our licensors. Except as expressly set out here, nothing in these terms gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading or using the Trezeo App.
Content and liability
- We may change the format and content of the Trezeo App from time to time. You agree that your accessing or use of the Trezeo App is on an "as is" and "as available" basis and at your sole risk.
- Whilst we try to make sure that all information contained in the Trezeo App (other than any user-generated content) is correct, it is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed. You should check with us or the relevant information source before acting on any such information.
- We make or give no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, correctness, reliability, integrity, quality, fitness for purpose or originality of any content of the Trezeo App and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all implied warranties, conditions or other terms of any kind are hereby excluded.
- We cannot and do not guarantee that the Trezeo App will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements.
- Nothing in the Trezeo Terms shall limit or exclude our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that may not, under applicable law, be limited or excluded.
- The Trezeo Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).